Hello friends.. October has started, and along with it the famous October Heat has arrived too.. Infact we can say, that the temperatures have already increased since last 10-12 days.
The reason for writing this health post is that – there is sudden change in climate, and many many people fall sick during this time. Simple measures can prevent you from falling sick.
In last 10 days, I have already seen kids having Viral fevers, dehydration, nose bleeds; adults having allergic cough, acute episode of piles, migraine, an elderly person having low blood pressure.
Possible complaints that one can get due to this Heat –
- Viral fevers – change of weather leads to growth of new type of viruses
- Headache, migraine.
- Low blood pressure.
- Constipation, piles, fissure
- Urine infection
- Nose bleeds
- Eye dryness, conjunctivitis
- Dengue patients can worsen during this heat
- Skin dryness, itching, eczema
Important steps to make sure your health remains good.
- Drinking enough water and fluids is the most important key. Water helps in cooling down the body temperature.
- Avoid exposure to hot weather – stay indoors if not required, plan your exercise well before the sunrises or do it after sunset, avoid shopping in afternoon, carry an umbrella.
- Children – special attention should be given to children. They lose water fast, so require lots of water, they keep playing in the sun so perspire a lot, many kids travel to and from the school in the sun and get dehydrated.
- Elderly people should drink water regularly, chances of low BP (even for females)
- Out side food – Kindly avoid outside food, cold drinks, juices, roadside food. Dehydration leads to weakened immunity and therefore even if few germs enter in the body during this time, they can cause disease.
- Marathon runners – many people might have started practicing for marathon or even running few marathons on weekends – because of the heat – there can be extreme dehydration and cramps.
- Avoid chocolates, desserts, cold drinks, ice creams, Indian sweets, cheese – they tend to get stuck in the throat, due to dryness and can cause allergic cough.
Hope you can follow these simple steps and stay healthy and hydrated. If you have any questions you can write in the comment section Thank you.
You may also like to read –
Dr. Hitesh P. Fariya Hitaarth Clinic Homeopathy.Diet.Counselling
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.